ACE Portal CEO, Peter Williams, interviews Joseph A Smith, a Partner at Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP, about the role of placement agents in fund formation. Key topics of discussion include:
- Whether Placement Agents are necessary or helpful in raising capital for Funds
- What types of Funds typically use agents versus those that do not
- What due diligence placement agents typically engage in and the key factors that lead to successful engagements between a fund and an agent
- The key factors needed for a fund to have an in-house fundraising team
- Whether new market innovations and types of fundraising platforms will dis-intermediate placement agent
You can also see Joe discuss Trends in Private Fund Formation
Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP is a multidisciplinary firm with offices in New York, Washington, D.C. and London. As one of the leading law firms serving the financial services sector, SRZ regularly advises clients on investment management, corporate and transactional matters, as well as providing counsel on securities regulatory compliance, enforcement and investigative issues.